Saturday, May 5, 2007

Breakin' out the needle and thread

I finished the bag!!! Well, ok, that's not entirely true. I finished the knitting part of the bag! ...and now I have to sew the lining....(cue evil music)

Before I starting to sew, I decided to stretch out the bag, so I filled it with all sorts of textbooks and notebooks (that I no longer need Woohoo!) and let it hang from my closet door for a day or so.

After it was all stretched out, I attached the buttons with my mad sewing skills, and here it is:

notice the adjustable strap...it's a feature I wish I'd put on my version of the bag, but alas, I'll just have to survive with tying knots in that strap to adjust the length.

Also, I sewed some buttons on my bag. Not too shabby, eh?


Three more stripes to go on the 800-st scarf! I will be sooo happy that that one is off the needles!

No comments: