Monday, August 27, 2007

More Alaska Socks!

If you recall, I came back from Alaska with some beautiful hand-dyed yarn and have only made the one pair of socks...

Well, now there has been more progress with the Alaska Yarn!


This sock is knit in the same pattern as the blue and white Alaska Socks, the only difference being a slightly longer foot. Oh, and these are gonna be knee-high. WOOHOO! Knee-high socks that'll actually fit over a normal-sized calf.

Note to the readers: before I started blogging, I made one knee-high sock that probably wouldn't even fit on my arm. it was out of really itchy wool too. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I guess my excuse it that it was summer and I didn't feel like knitting anything useful, so I was just messing around.

Back to the awesome socks: I'm super excited about them. They are knit on 6s so it should be pretty speedy! hooray!

1 comment:

Kaydo said...

Hi! These are beautiful.
You need to teach me how to knit socks toe up. I just got some awesome sock yarn.
We should hang out!