Monday, August 27, 2007

UFO Sighting

UFO as in alien spacecraft...Unfinished Object UFOs are no stranger to me.

My first foray into illusion knitting is so far a success! I'm making the Alien Scarf from Stitch and Bitch and it's turning out great!

From straight on it looks like green and black stripes:



But when you look at it from a more horizontal angle, the aliens appear:


Pretty nifty, eh?

Yes, this is going into the Xmas stash, but I'm not saying who it's for. After Xmas I'll be sure to make a nice little list of who got what, but until then, it'll have to be a mystery.

Speaking of stash-ness: so I had to buy yarn to make this scarf, but I plan to keep making aliens until the skeins are gone...therefore not adding to the stash...that's allowed I think.

2 comments:

SusanKnits said...

Too cool! What a clever scarf!

(Ooh, and I love the yarn you're using for the arm socks and the alaska socks, too.)

carina said...

Thanks! The scarf is really fun to knit. But honestly, I could knit with that Alaska yarn forever and never get tired of it.