Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My New Bag!

I'm so excited about finishing this bag. First of all, I only started it a couple days ago, so that's exciting in itself. But also, my primary bag, which I use to carry around my wallet, phone, keys, etc, has had a broken zipper since about 14 minutes after I bought it at an NYC flea market.


I sewed a new zipper in this one, so if it breaks....well, I guess I can always fix it.



So yeah, a new bag is good news.

The pattern I used was Brea from Berroco Yarn's Free Patterns. I decided to do a knit handle instead of buying a leather one, and I used rings from an old belt to attach the handle to the bag.

Again, I've been so good as to knit from my stash, using leftover afghan yarn for this project.

To add a little spice to this neutral colored bag, I lined it with a crazy print fabric.

Here's a photo using the flash that really shows how bright the inside is:



It's CRAZY! Crazy-awesome, that is. Anyway, I love it. It's the perfect size for all the essentials and it's super cool because I made it and it's not about to fall apart. (woo!) And a few hours later, the zipper still works.

For another instance of this cool pattern, check out Kaydo's!

2 comments:

Kaydo said...

Hey! This is really awesome! Isn't it a fun pattern? I'm so glad you made one too, and your lining is super awesome. You've made a lot of knitting progress lately. Rock on.

I hope you are doing well! You should respond to my email, or I might be forced to call you and see what's new. Keep up the good knit!

Sonja said...

Really pretty! Nice use of various parts, too. I love that you recycled the belt rings and knit your handle. What a pretty design.