Thursday, February 1, 2007

Sweater Pictures!

First off, I've made lots of progress on the sweater. I finished the back and now I'm up to the waist on the front! It's so exciting!

This pattern knits up really quickly because by the time you're done working the waist details, you're already almost halfway done with the piece. Here's a closer shot of the waist detail:

It's just a combination of slipped stitches and yarn overs that create that interesting pattern. Very clever really...good work pattern writer.

Having finished the one piece, I really like the way the yarn changes color. It's not too flashy, but you still definitely get a nice striped effect. Also, I'm happy I was able to get the front colors to match the back...not too difficult, but it did take some thought.

Just to have another picture, here's the yarn that I'm using:

Yes, it is acrylic, so all you wool purists can find a substitute. But this yarn is wonderfully soft and even machine washable & dryable...so it's perfect for a 13-year old's sweater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's Kaydo's bed! And a really sweet looking sweater.