Monday, February 5, 2007

Procrasti -knit- ion

It's all about priorities. As a knitter, I often have to ask myself to reevaluate my priorities. For example, this is what I should be working on:


Quantum mechanics...oooooh, how tasty! It's a lovely monday evening and honestly, the last thing I'm interested in right now is the energy eigenvalue for a particle in a box. Luckily, my yarn can sense my frustration and is quick to intervene. Here you can see some yarn scraps tackling my calculator:

So I guess it's decided then. I should/must/will knit. But trust me, I can stop anytime I want. Really. No, seriously, I can...

Yeah, anyway, I finished the front of the sweater this morning and started on the sleeves. I decided to buy another pair of needles and work both sleeves simultaneously. The idea being that I can prevent one-sleeve-shorter-than-the-other syndrome. I'm only a few inches into each sleeve, but I'm already dreading sewing the seams. Maybe it won't be so bad....(haha, yeah right)

I'm actually altering the pattern a little for the sleeves. Nothing too complicated, just lengthening them because apparently my little sister likes sweaters that cover her hands. It looks like I'm gonna be finished in plenty of time for that early March birthday!

And just because a picture is worth 1000 words, here is one for you:


This is most of my yarn stash. Yeah, not even all of it. I've been knitting for a little over 2 years & somehow have accumulated all of these knitilicious balls. My stash includes all kinds of yarn, from the cheapest acrylic to the nicest bulky alpaca....and I'm trying to knit it all before May. Ok, that's ridiculous. Rather, I'm trying to knit from it until May. Why May? Well, in May I'll be graduating (or at least that's the plan) & will be moving all of my junk from here to wherever I'm employed. It will be a much easier situation if I don't need to rent a U-haul just to move my yarn collection.

Hopefully, over the course of the semester I'll be able to show pictures of my shrinking stash as each skein is turned into something more exciting that a ball of yarn...

No comments: