Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday

Sorry about the lack of posts in the past few days...it's just that I hadn't really made any significant progress in any of my projects, so there was nothing to tell.

Here's an update on the past few days knitting --

I finally got my yarn winder in the mail last Friday, so I spent a bit of time winding my stash into center-pull yarn cakes. Hooray! So, without the pounds of acryllic and in their nice new cake-like shapes, here is what my stash looks like now:

Still rather large, but not so unconquerable as before.

I'm four and a half repetitions into the Carpenter's balloon scarf, and still no mistakes! I'm almost through the first skein of yarn, so hopefully, I can get at least another pattern repetition before I have to move to the second skein.

These Gentleman's Fancy Socks are cruising right along, but as they are for big man-feet and are being done on zeros, I imagine that I'll slow up the pace on them in the near future.

...and the Asherton scarf has made very little progress, but it'll get there. Slow and steady on these scarves. That's the only way they'll ever get done.


In sweater news, the Carpenter picked out a sweater pattern that he likes, but he wants raglan sleeves and the pattern has another kind of sleeves. So, I've been doing some calculations to try and figure out how to modify the pattern... let's just say that it's slow going at the moment. I just have to remember to not be intimidated and it'll all work out.

Ok, gotta go...I'm late for knitting at the castle.

No comments: